Have you found yourself in a situation where you are unexpectedly pregnant? A positive pregnancy test isn’t always a positive experience for people. When you’re overwhelmed with emotion, it’s easy to forget that you have choices. Three in fact.
1) Abortion: Having an abortion is an option you have, depending on how many weeks along you are in your pregnancy. There are several factors associated with having an abortion. Make sure you understand what they are so that you may make an informed decision on whether to terminate your pregnancy or not.
- An abortion can be a surgical procedure.
- With any type of surgery, risks and side effects are possible.
You’ll also need to know the answers to some key medical questions before you have an abortion.
- Is your pregnancy normal? Or, are you experiencing a tubal pregnancy that will need medical attention?
- Are you at risk for a miscarriage?
- How many weeks pregnant are you?
In additional to understanding the answers to these medial questions, be sure you understand the different types of abortion, as well. These details will be vital in making an educated decision about abortion.
2) Adoption: Having a loving, healthy, financially stable family adopt your baby may be the path for you and your unexpected pregnancy. There are many reasons to choose adoption, and you can still decide to be involved in your child’s life if you opt for an open adoption.
We’re happy to help you understand more about your choices for adoption to ensure you’re comfortable with the decision you’re making about your unborn baby. Don’t hesitate to call.
3) Parenting: If your pregnancy was unexpected or came at a bad time, it may be hard to grasp the fact that you’re going to be a parent. No matter how old you are, or how stable your life may feel, having a baby is life-changing, and adds a huge responsibility that you didn’t have prior.
We’re more than happy to discuss next steps with you and to help you prepare to be a successful parent to your child. If you’re having doubts due to relationships, finances, school work, medical insurance, or anything else, we’re here to chat!
At Options Medical Clinic, we offer programs that provide support and parenting education. We are here to help you feel informed about your unexpected pregnancy, and understand this is likely one of the biggest decisions a woman can make.